CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS Notice for Candidates Applying to Jobs at Kajabi
THIS NOTICE EXPLAINS YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ IT CAREFULLY. UPON REQUEST, THIS NOTICE CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, SUCH AS LARGE PRINT OR AUDIO. PLEASE CONTACT PRIVACY@KAJABI.COM AND AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU SO YOU CAN ACCESS THE INFORMATION IN THIS NOTICE.
THIS NOTICE DOES NOT CREATE OR FORM PART OF ANY CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT OR OTHERWISE.
This notice (“Notice”) describes the categories of personal information that Kajabi, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” and “our”) collects about California residents who apply or are recruited for or otherwise submit information to us in connection with a position with us, including interns, employees, agents, contractors, and other types of personnel (“candidates”), and the purposes for which we use that information.
This Notice applies to California residents who submit a resume, CV, or other information to us (either directly or through a third party such as a recruitment agency or job search website) or who apply for a position using our Career Site.
2. Information we collect about candidates.
2.1 Categories of personal information. The categories of personal information we may collect and process during the application and recruitment process include:
- Identifiers, including your name, contact information (such as home address, phone number, email address), work permit or visa information, your employment and education history, referrals or references, and whether you are subject to any prior employer obligations, and any other information you provide (such as information included in your resume or cover letter).
- Data with special protections, like your gender. This also covers a broad range of information like race, citizenship status, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or whether you are a veteran, religion, political affiliation, and whether you are a person with any special needs or health condition and information relating to accommodations that you may request during the recruiting process, if you disclose such information.
- Professional or employment information, including information about your desired salary, willingness to relocate, other job preferences, interview details, and outcomes of any recruiting exercises you complete. We may also receive information such as your education and work experience, contact information, and demographics, from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information. These partners collect your information from publicly available sources, or through third parties they work with.
- Education information, including information about your education background collected during the application process.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as interactions with our Career Site. We automatically collect certain usage data from you when you use our Career Site. This information may include an IP address, unique device identifiers or assigned identifiers, information collected by cookies or software development kit, time zone setting, operating system and platform, browser software, and information regarding your use of the site.
- Geolocation data: Our Career Site doesn't collect precise geolocation data from GPS sensors, which is what we understand this term to mean.
- Safety and Security Information: If you visit our premises, we may collect data related to your use of building access, access to restricted areas, and security camera footage.
- Onboarding Information: If you are chosen for a role with us, we will collect additional information commonly requested of employees and other personnel during the onboarding process. This includes financial account details, tax ID, social security number, national or other identity numbers, evidence of right to work, nationality and place of birth, emergency contact, family details such as marital status and dependents, and additional health and equal opportunities information. All such collection is to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Providing personal information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
In certain cases we may ask you for additional information for purposes of complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
2.2 Sources of personal information. We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- Job board websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services, such as background check providers (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies and recruiters;
- Your educational institutions;
- Your public social media profile or other publicly-available sources;
- Other Kajabi personnel.
3. How we use personal information about candidates.
We use the personal information described above in the context of our consideration of your application for employment at Kajabi. Our business purposes for collecting or sharing this information include:
3.1 Purposes for which we use personal information. We may use the categories of personal information above for the following purposes:
Managing recruitment generally, such as:
- operating the careers website we maintain at https://kajabi.com/careers or any other site to which this Notice is posted (“Careers Site”);
- recruiting, interviewing and evaluating job candidates;
- conducting background checks and other pre-employment screening (where permitted by law);
- analyzing and improving our application and recruitment processes;
- accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
- communicating with you regarding your candidacy, opportunities with us or about the Careers Site and any changes to applicable terms or policies;
- administering benefits;
- assisting you in case of an emergency;
- paying and reimbursing you for expenses;
- to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- other business and human resources operations.
To stay in touch and engage with you. We may consider you for current and future opportunities at Kajabi. We may contact you from time to time, for example, to invite you to events we organize or sponsor, or ask you for updates. You can opt-out of these communications at any time. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message (text messaging rates may apply). Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from correspondence from us relating to your application.
Compliance, safety and fraud prevention, such as:
- complying with or monitoring compliance with legal and other requirements, such as reporting and equal opportunities monitoring requirements, where applicable;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- defending your or our interests in actual or threatened legal proceedings, or regulatory, administrative, or legislative inquiries or investigations;
- investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures;
- sharing information with government authorities, law enforcement, courts or private parties where we have a good-faith belief it is necessary for the foregoing purposes; and
- creating and submitting reports as required by applicable law or regulation. If you accept a conditional offer from us, we process your information for background verification (to the extent permitted by applicable laws). We'll provide further information regarding this processing upon start of the background verification process.
Analytics such as: Creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business and for other lawful business purposes.
3.2 Sharing personal information. We may share your personal information with other parties as necessary for the purposes described above. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and other affiliates under the control of our corporate parent, for purposes consistent with this Notice or to operate shared infrastructure, systems and technology.
- Our service providers. Companies that provide us with services that help us manage the recruiting process and operate our business, such as job boards, recruiters, interviewing and testing, pre-employment screening, interview travel booking and expense reimbursement (where applicable), relocation (where applicable), and recruitment analytics.
- Government authorities, law enforcement and others. Government authorities, law enforcement, courts, and others as described in the compliance, safety and fraud prevention section above.
- Business transfers. Parties to transactions and potential transactions whereby we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Professional advisors. Lawyers, immigration advisors, and other outside professional advisors.
- Kajabi Employees. We may share personal information about you in our recruiting process with Kajabi employees.
- Academic Institutions and Professional Organizations. We may work with academic institutions to assist with recruiting, including organizing recruiting events and activities;
4. Other information about this Notice
4.2 Changes to this Notice. We reserve the right to change this Notice at any time. The “Effective Date” heading at the top of this Notice indicates when it was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised notice on our Careers Site.
4.3 Children. The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
4.4 Your Information and Rights. We may provide you access to some or all of your candidate personal information upon request. In addition, under certain circumstances we may allow you to request correction or update to out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. Please note that your rights with respect to your personal information may change in accordance with your role at Kajabi. If you are accepted for employment or in another role with Kajabi, additional policies will apply, including additional policies regarding the collection and use of your personal information. These policies will be provided to you during the onboarding process. To make requests, or if you have any other questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with California privacy law.
4.5 Retention. We may retain personal information to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice and as may be required by or permitted by applicable law or regulation. Specifically, we will retain information about your candidacy, including your resume/CV for consideration for future roles. If you would like to exercise your rights for personal information we retain, please contact us as described in the “Your Information and Rights section” above.
4.6 Security. We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information, but even reasonable security measures may not prevent all incidents.
4.7 Changes to this Notice. We may update this Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. We urge you to review this Notice each time you visit our Career Site or submit personal information to us. To see when this Note was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section above.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.